Monday, December 11, 2006

The Beira escape

A picture by day of the "hangout" spot on the weekends. This is just outside of the beach club in town called Nautica. It costs 10 meticais (about 40 cents) to get in to the restaurant area and enjoy the beach. They also have a pool and tennis courts but that costs 100 meticais (about $4) and is a bit expensive for my budget :o)
In the picture above is Ian (from South Africa) and Phillippa and Israel (from Australia). We all work together at FHI, although Ian and family have gone back to South Africa for a bit.

And a picture facing Nautica...

And here is a picture by night on the same beach. This is Faye (my roommate from Korea, but she is leaving on Friday to go back, so sad..sniff sniff) and I. It was Friday after work and Ian, Faye and I stopped in at Nautica for a drink and I took a quick swim to unwind from the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home